View Single Post
Old 06-16-2015, 04:40 PM   #1 (permalink)
Live4Driving
Base Member

Drives: 12 Nissan 370Z PG M6
Live4Driving is on a distinguished road
Default Bad Clutch Pedal

Today on my way home the clutch pedal started behaving oddly. Initially the pedal was slow to come back up, when depressed. After driving several miles it got to the point that it would only half way return and I had to hook my foot under it to "unstick" it so it would spring the remainder of the way. It felt like it was catching on something half way up the return stroke but there was nothing visually stopping it, upon later inspection. When depressing it, the first half of the stroke is much lighter than the second half. It doesn't seem to be slipping and there is no smell of burning clutch so it seems to be functioning alright, even though I doubt it is...

Background: I had my clutch, flywheel, & slave cylinder replaced by a supposedly reputable speed shop about 3,500 miles ago and it has had no clutch problems since then, only brake system problems. I switched to Southbend Stage 2 Clutch, Southbend Flywheel, ZSpeed HD CSC. The car now has 85,000 miles and I've owned it since it was new.

Any ideas on what it could be? Helper spring, slave cylinder, flux capacitor?