Thread: Game of Thrones
View Single Post
Old 06-16-2015, 10:14 AM   #1022 (permalink)
Cmike2780
A True Z Fanatic

Drives: slowwww
Cmike2780 has a reputation beyond reputeCmike2780 has a reputation beyond reputeCmike2780 has a reputation beyond reputeCmike2780 has a reputation beyond reputeCmike2780 has a reputation beyond reputeCmike2780 has a reputation beyond reputeCmike2780 has a reputation beyond reputeCmike2780 has a reputation beyond reputeCmike2780 has a reputation beyond reputeCmike2780 has a reputation beyond reputeCmike2780 has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by HKYStormFront View Post
GoT is really testing my patience with this season. It almost feels like a burden to watch now. Especially after the key deaths in the past couple episodes, though I guess one was paid off almost immediately this week. Still a great show, just wish it wasn't quite so bleak. Having said that... I wonder if the character that dies at the very end of this week's episode is really gone. With what we know about faith and magic, is that really their fate? I almost wanted the last shot to be of the character blinking once right before cutting to credits. Maybe that's just me though...
( Click to show/hide )
Many theories abound and the books leave it far more open to to Jon being able to survive...though unlikely. There's no doubt that Jon is dead. Does he stay dead is a different story and he wouldn't be the first. Drogo sort of came back and so did Beric Dondarrion. Lady Stoneheart too if you've read the books. That's not even counting the countless reanimated wights, but they've but all lost who they were. Still, just proves that dead doesn't necessarily mean dead forever.

Many think the red priestess could revive him from death, but I don't think it would be that obvious. We know she's powerful, but we also know her visions and powers have been completely wrong. My guess. Jon is half Targaryen and there's plenty of evidence to suggest this. They'll burn his body (for fear that he'll come back as a wight)...he'll wake up, reborn from the fire, just as Danny did with her dragons. He may even fulfill the prophecy of The Prince That Was Promised. According to prophecy, the Prince That Was Promised would be reborn "amidst salt and smoke" and pull a flaming sword from the flames, Lightbringer, to combat the coming darkness...

They have a ton of similarities if you look closely. Both are orphans, both had their mother died during childbirth, both have creatures they share a common bond with (dragon/direwolf) and both gained positions of power through honorable acts.

Just a theory, lol

Cmike2780 is offline   Reply With Quote