View Single Post
Old 12-14-2009, 11:47 AM   #30 (permalink)
370Zsteve
A True Z Fanatic

Drives: 2019 Corvette G.S.
370Zsteve has a reputation beyond repute370Zsteve has a reputation beyond repute370Zsteve has a reputation beyond repute370Zsteve has a reputation beyond repute370Zsteve has a reputation beyond repute370Zsteve has a reputation beyond repute370Zsteve has a reputation beyond repute370Zsteve has a reputation beyond repute370Zsteve has a reputation beyond repute370Zsteve has a reputation beyond repute370Zsteve has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by koeppelnissan View Post
The whole STEALERSHIP thing is a bit rough considering everyone is looking to see how much less than 2000 behind invoice they should offer. I think most dealerships are gonna treat customers the way they deserve to be treated, make a fair offer and get treated fairly.

Don't mean to vent, but everyone knows what dealers pay for cars and everyone wants to pay less, it gets tiring!
Bump for this.

Of course everyone now knows what dealers pay, but only because of the internet. The playing field has leveled for the consumer. The informed consumer gets the best deal.

It's the lousy dealers that brand the rest of you. (As in any other business). One lousy dealer's reputation unfortunately is worth about 100 dealers with impeccable reputations.

Even more against you (for public opinion) are the shady used-car lots. My wife once bought a used car from some scumbags in our town. We had looked at a few cars on their lot a week earlier, and in a fit of blatant a$$holery, she stopped by again and bought the car for asking price, along with a worthless "bumper-to-bumper, one hundred thousand mile extended warranty " (the car already showed 83k on the odo, so this warranty was going to last through 180,000 miles? ). She was so excited to show me the car when I got home that day...of course I was PISSED, lol. This was early in our marriage and let's just say I was unaware at the time how naive she is .

To make a loooong story short, the engine had been replaced (funny how that did not show up in the spotless Carfax) with a tired beater engine that had a bunch of stop-leak poured into it and the engine failed 1000 miles later. It took me a lot of my time to get restitution throught the courts. I've been bad-mouthing them ever since, even to the point where I was walking by the lot one day and yelled out to a prospect looking at a car: "They are thieves! Do not buy anything from these people!". That caused some commotion on the lot .