Thread: Battery removal
View Single Post
Old 06-15-2015, 01:28 PM   #12 (permalink)
10MPlayer
Enthusiast Member

Drives: your mama wild.
10MPlayer has much to be proud of10MPlayer has much to be proud of10MPlayer has much to be proud of10MPlayer has much to be proud of10MPlayer has much to be proud of10MPlayer has much to be proud of10MPlayer has much to be proud of10MPlayer has much to be proud of10MPlayer has much to be proud of

Quote:
Originally Posted by VCuomo View Post
This is edited from something I posted in a different thread:
  1. Remove the battery compartment cover (two tabs at the front end of the cover).
  2. Remove the four clips from the perimeter of the battery compartment surround. To remove each clip, use a small flat blade screwdriver and gently pry up the center round "head" of the clip, then pull out the entire clip.
  3. Remove the battery compartment surround; note the section at the front driver side that goes under the support bar.
  4. Remove the passenger side windshield cowl's rubber hood seal just to the rear of the battery compartment - there are four clips embedded in the seal, just put your fingers around them from between the firewall and the seal and pull up
  5. Remove the passenger side windshield cowl (two clips that are the same as the battery compartment surround). Note that there is a tab (but no clip) where the cowl goes underneath the windshield seal - pull this up slightly, then pull the cowl out.
  6. The battery should now be fully visible and accesible.
Reverse the process to put everything back together again. To reinsert the clips, push the center portion of the clip all of the way up, then insert the clip into the trim piece (the surround or cowl), then push the center portion of the clip all of the way down (you should hear a click when it engages).

HTH!
Thanks, I was ready to take it to the dealer when I took a look at all that cowling that had to come off. Like you said, it only took a few minutes when I followed your instructions.