View Single Post
Old 06-15-2015, 12:08 PM   #609 (permalink)
TheNismo
Base Member

Drives: 2011 Nismo 370Z
TheNismo is on a distinguished road

VIN: Don't have that with me right now..
Purchase Date: 2/14/15 (Used 2011 with 30k miles)
Occurrence Date: 4/28/15
Occurrence Mileage: ~32,500
Clutch Type: OEM

Summary:

2/14/15 - Bought a used 2011 370Z Nismo with 30k miles from Nissan dealership (4 hours from where I live) and fluids were filled and clean when I received the car.

4/28/15 - Clutch goes to the floor and reservoir is empty, 33k miles on the car. Filled up the fluid and drove it home until I could go to the dealership.

5/2/15 - Drop off car at Nissan dealership near my house. They cannot find any leak (MC, CMC, or the clutch line) and say there's a TSB to flush and fill with GTR brake fluid. Also, they say none of this is covered under drive train warranty since there's no visible damages or issues and ask me to pay $320 to have it done.. so I said no and decided to wait until I can make the 4 hour drive to the dealership I got the car at.

5/8/15 - Flush and fill with DOT 4 on my own just to be safe until I can go to dealership (Cost me ~$17). I don't daily the Z so it sat in the garage most of the time until I could take it in.

5/27/15 - I take my car to the original dealership to be inspected. They say the same thing, no visible leak or damages and TSB for GTR fluid. They offer a significant discount on the service so I accepted to at least have it on record that they performed this service and said it would fix my "leak".

6/15/15 - I haven't had any further issue, but to me it seems like the fluid level dropped slightly since it was filled back up...

Last edited by TheNismo; 06-15-2015 at 12:24 PM.
TheNismo is offline   Reply With Quote