View Single Post
Old 06-15-2015, 10:49 AM   #6 (permalink)
pbs370z
Base Member

Drives: '10 370Z, Sport Pkg
pbs370z has a reputation beyond reputepbs370z has a reputation beyond reputepbs370z has a reputation beyond reputepbs370z has a reputation beyond reputepbs370z has a reputation beyond reputepbs370z has a reputation beyond reputepbs370z has a reputation beyond reputepbs370z has a reputation beyond reputepbs370z has a reputation beyond reputepbs370z has a reputation beyond reputepbs370z has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by Z_ealot View Post
So what do you think? Maybe the output shaft bearing, i know i had to replace the rear tranny seal as it had been leaking for what looks like quite a while based on the amount of fluid that came out of the tranny when i drained it (about a quart and a half came out) so maybe the output shaft bearing wasnt being properly lubricated leading it to start wearing down? Just trying to get a list of things together for the mechanic to take a look at.
Depending on how low on oil and for how many miles the damage could be very extensive or not too bad. From what I heard on your vid, the input shaft was turning (and whining) when you engaged the clutch so definitely some worn parts there. Output shaft, who knows? That was not turning while you're sitting there.

I don't want to mislead you, I'm not a trans. expert and it would take an expert to give you a better idea of the possible extent of the damage. To really know, the trans. needs to be opened up and inspected by a pro.

Good luck with your repairs.