View Single Post
Old 06-15-2015, 09:55 AM   #76 (permalink)
JARblue
A True Z Fanatic

Drives: 11 Z34, 98 E36 M3
JARblue has a reputation beyond reputeJARblue has a reputation beyond reputeJARblue has a reputation beyond reputeJARblue has a reputation beyond reputeJARblue has a reputation beyond reputeJARblue has a reputation beyond reputeJARblue has a reputation beyond reputeJARblue has a reputation beyond reputeJARblue has a reputation beyond reputeJARblue has a reputation beyond reputeJARblue has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by MicntaeG35 View Post
I dont know if it's already been explained but if you remove the throttle body to do the cleaning you shouldn't have to re-calibrate as long as you don't move the butterfly in the middle. You can easily clean it thoroughly with out touching the butterfly
I've removed the TBs on three different Z's to clean them. Definitely moved the butterfly valves a bunch to thoroughly clean them. All I did after was the idle air relearn procedure (takes ~25 sec). IIRC there is another, more complicated reset procedure that should be done if the idle air relearn does not suffice.

Quote:
Originally Posted by dP3NGU1N View Post
I don't know how you would clean it completely without moving the butterfly. Wouldn't it leave a thin line around the butter fly because you wouldn't be able to scrub under it? Even with TB cleaner I had to do a bit of rubbing in order to remove some of the residue.
I had intentions of not moving the butterfly valve while cleaning. But these cars had 35K, 50K, and 70K miles on them, and there was no way I was removing the line around the valve without moving it. I used a hard plastic toothed brush to clean them with great success.

2011 370Z 6MT Sport Gun Metallic | ARC | CJM | Ecutek | FI | Fujimura | R2C | SPL | Stillen | TWM | Z1 | ZSpeed |

Last edited by JARblue; 06-15-2015 at 09:58 AM.
JARblue is offline   Reply With Quote