View Single Post
Old 06-12-2015, 10:09 AM   #33 (permalink)
JDM-JUNKIE
Base Member

Drives: Past:NSX, S15, G35TT
JDM-JUNKIE is on a distinguished road

Yep- this has been discussed already a few times actually. Please refer to the following pictures in reference to the relative cost/price of the elbow piece you describe. As you can see from the comparison the parts are very similar between the S-15 Silvia application and the 370Z. The S-15 pair sells at $207- Both application are made in house by Voodoo13 in Arizona using the same CNC and design process. These parts can and do sell at very reasonable pricing without compromising on quality design or only possible through high volume.

My argument is that the the large piece you refer to, or the spindles, don't need to be priced in excess of $3,000 for this kit. See also the cost of similarly made spindles, linked on the first page for cost comparison that are retailed for less than half.

Quote:
Originally Posted by zpower86 View Post
The large piece and elbow piece are machined from a very large block of aluminum. That alone contributes to the cost, plus there are a lot of machining hours involved since you're cutting away so much. It's not just that it's cnc. I don't think the CAD work is a heavy contributor here. Low demand is probably the biggest reason it's so expensive.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Attached Images
File Type: jpg ScreenHunter_01 Jun. 12 06.03.jpg (37.5 KB, 7 views)
File Type: jpg ScreenHunter_02 Jun. 12 06.07.jpg (25.0 KB, 7 views)
JDM-JUNKIE is offline   Reply With Quote