View Single Post
Old 06-12-2015, 06:59 AM   #42 (permalink)
ANMVQ
A True Z Fanatic

Drives: 2014 Q50 AWD
ANMVQ will become famous soon enoughANMVQ will become famous soon enough

Let first off by say John has been great the whole time and a pleasure to work with!!
OK on to the review so far

Ok guys , Been a week of driving on my ECUtek Vs UPREV and can say that it “feels” about the same, The ECUtek shifting is still something that’s lacking IMO, it will only shift firmly at WOT and high RPM’s ( An I still feel UPREV shifted better) . An having a 7 spd auto and the stock shifting logic is terrible it was something I REALLY like on my UPREV. Pretty much anything past 1/3 throttle UPREV would shift firm, and being I drive exclusively in manual mode this is important to me, and the LAZY shift is not for me. The throttle responsiveness is close but still feel UPREV has a bit of an edge here also. I finally got a 1-3 WOT pull in this morning and 1-2 felt about the same as UPREV but hitting 3rd it felt like a flat spot ? Car didn’t pull hard right away,( The shift was EH) but the RPM’s did rise up again fast kinda took a second just felt slower. I was told the tune was just about spot on 99% . John said to make it more aggressive wouldn’t do that much and the tune is safe so that’s fine with me as I want a safe tune only.

I have one more flash to load but haven’t had time. Been busy with the wife( Wedding anniversary this week, MRI for my back today) so lot of things going on. I will load this up before the dyno tomorrow just so we have an apples to apples compare. I will be surprised if I make any more power tomorrow when on dyno but we’ll see. Depending on what the numbers are I’ll might sell the Ecutek but not sure. The gain if any has to justify to me to have spent $300 extra dollars for Ecutek. An the fact that I have a auto and AWD the racerom features and updates are of no use to me. Was looking to strictly make more power and enhance the cars drivability. Maybe I am expecting too much and there really is zero difference in them I don’t know, but going into the dyno tomorrow I’m not feeling too good about the $$ I spent.