View Single Post
Old 06-11-2015, 09:22 PM   #21 (permalink)
JDM-JUNKIE
Base Member

Drives: Past:NSX, S15, G35TT
JDM-JUNKIE is on a distinguished road

Nice false dilemma you set up there

Just because I don't choose one alternative does not make the other one correct- In fact there are other solutions I or somebody else in my position could take. One of them if you haven't discovered it yet is to make a topic for discussion like I've done and bring attention to the issue. As far as R&D costs go... please read the rest of this thread. It's not my personal belief that they are a sunk cost that shouldn't be passed on to consumers. R&D by definition is a sunk cost! There's no debate- it's not a theory I'm working on. It's an established fact.

As for those that have given this some thought, and shared their personal CNC experiences, offered up other parts for cost comparison, or simply kept an open mind and thought critically, I truly thank you!

I'm aware that discussions on the internet are not always held in the realm of logic, and often boil down to just popular opinions or group thinking. Everyone is entitled to their opinion regardless. What I'm asking here if for a real discussion. If you feel a certain way that's great but how about backing it up with something else yeah? Use some citations, a link, an alternative. I'm not one to just go with the flow because it's popular, if I was I wouldn't be setting up my 370Z to drift with haha!

Quote:
Originally Posted by BGTV8 View Post
If you are so incensed at the cost of these parts, then how about you do your own R&D and make them from scratch yourself.

If you are unwilling to do this, then don't demand that others do exactly the thing that you personally are not prepared to do.

Your choices are simple ... pay the asking price because you want the parts, OR do the R&D yourself and seek to recover your R&D costs over what you believe to be a reasonable volume. There is clearly an element of investment risk here.

Just because you "believe" you should not have to pay the ask does not make your view any more "right" than Voodoo when they set the price. If you don;t like the price, the consequence is you don't purchase and you can seek an alternative solution.

Last edited by JDM-JUNKIE; 06-11-2015 at 09:38 PM.
JDM-JUNKIE is offline   Reply With Quote