View Single Post
Old 06-11-2015, 06:33 AM   #3 (permalink)
hermit
Base Member

Drives: Magma 370Z Nismo
hermit is on a distinguished road

Quote:
Originally Posted by Zbrah View Post
If you bought the car second hand, those curb rash could have came from the previous owner, or even the dealer if the it had been in their posession before you purchased it. I can't imagine anyone scraping up all four wheels and not remembering, there is a gut wrenching sound when I carelessly curbed on of my rear wheel. Trust me, if it was you would know.

Tires should be wider for sure. The most popular size being used is 265/35 & 305/30. This set up should provide enough meat to give your rims some protection.

Michelin and RE-11 are two of the top choices but pricey, especially in 19's. However, you cant go wrong with either one.
Very much appreciated. I suppose it is possible I overlooked the damage before purchase. That would sound more like me, then scraping the curb myself. It was used, a company purchased it as a fleet vehicle for the CEO. It was then sold back to the dealer about six months later. I then happened by it by chance at the dealership before they got it stickered and up for sale.

Once again, thanks for the information on the tires. I think the cost will be worth it. I'll get some pics once the wheels have been fixed and the new tires are on.
hermit is offline   Reply With Quote