View Single Post
Old 06-11-2015, 01:45 AM   #1 (permalink)
hermit
Base Member

Drives: Magma 370Z Nismo
hermit is on a distinguished road
Default Could use help with a rather odd issue

So, I have had a rather odd issue happen when I first purchased my car. Some how during the first couple days I managed to scratch up the outer lip of all four wheels. It should be noted I still haven't parked near any curbs. However, that's probably the easiest way to explain the damage. It is a lot like parking to close to a curb and grinding the wheels on it. I still haven't figured out what it was, but it hasn't happened since.

I'm in the process of getting them repaired. Once I do I want to put new tires on them.

I have searched on this. However, I was really hoping for some help and opinions. I read that we can go wider with the tire, which could put more tread on the ground. The reason I want to though is because the lip on the wheel extends further out then the tire. This leaves a decent gap between the tire and wheel exposing the wheel easily to damage. I'm hoping to fit a tire on there that would protect the wheel.

Honestly, even after reading on the tire sizing it still has me a bit confused. I would appreciate any help or opinions as to the size of the tire I would need to protect the wheel better. If there is added performance in anyway that's a plus.

I'm also trying to decide between Bridgestone or Michelin. This is a summer only car, so I am looking at high performance summer tires. My only concern would be rain. It will be mostly daily driver and occasional track for the time being. So, I'm not sure if these tires are to aggressive or not. I've been eyeing Michelin Pilot Super sport for awhile. Then I came across a thread on here about the Bridgestone RE11.

Like I said though, the primary goal is to do something to protect the wheels. They are stock ray's on my 2013 370Z Nismo. The tires that came on it are HankooK V12 evo, proper size. Included Pics of damage. Once again I would appreciate any help or opinions, thanks.
Attached Images
File Type: jpg IMG_1057.jpg (614.1 KB, 38 views)
File Type: jpg IMG_1054.jpg (650.3 KB, 29 views)
hermit is offline   Reply With Quote