View Single Post
Old 06-10-2015, 02:14 PM   #3 (permalink)
ResIpsa
Track Member

Drives: 09 RACING HEN
ResIpsa has a reputation beyond reputeResIpsa has a reputation beyond reputeResIpsa has a reputation beyond reputeResIpsa has a reputation beyond reputeResIpsa has a reputation beyond reputeResIpsa has a reputation beyond reputeResIpsa has a reputation beyond reputeResIpsa has a reputation beyond reputeResIpsa has a reputation beyond reputeResIpsa has a reputation beyond reputeResIpsa has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rusty View Post
Now you have forearms like PopPie and shoulders of a bull.

Good info to have in the back of the brain.

The thing that worries me. Is the bearings in the pump seizing from having no oil. With the Z having one belt running everything. You just can't remove the PS belt, and be done with it. But if you did it. I don't know then.
I can't deny that the thought of the bearing seizing never crossed my mind. It definitely did and I was trying to play close attention to any new metal on metal sounds coming from the engine (which I did not hear). Mind you there was some residual fluid that continued to spray on my windshield. That probably provided some temporary lubrication.

And I intend on replacing the pump ASAP.

So kids. Quick lesson. You can (at least in my experience) track your car without power steering because the power steering pump is drained. But if you intend to always track your car without power steering you probably should fabricate some type of power steering pump delete kit.

And on that bombshell...