View Single Post
Old 06-09-2015, 09:03 PM   #8 (permalink)
conor1123
Base Member

Drives: 2010 MT 370z
conor1123 is on a distinguished road

I totally get what you are saying don't worry! Only reason i'm asking is because i'm just looking for a set of tires/rims just for my track days. Nothing hardcore really. I've setup my brakes to where they work well (at my level) and cooling is pretty solid right now. Not sure if you read the whole post but I am looking for help with a solid rim/tire setup also. This is what I would be doing first. I am just looking for advice down the road.

I know I dedicated a good chunk of that post to suspension but I am really interested in tires and rims at the moment. Sorry if I didn't make that clear.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Robert Yuras View Post
I'm really not sure what you're asking...but I have a question for you:

What's wrong with your current setup?

Have you set the Top Time of Day on your first track event and can't squeeze another .01 of a second out of your existing setup?

Given this is your first track event, my experience says this: You had fun, you want to get faster, youre thinking parts will help you do that. You are incorrect. Nothing is wrong with your setup. Go drive. If you want to buy parts, buy ones that will safe guard the engine/cooling/brakes against failure. Please understand that you're about to make pointless purchases. Drive the car for a full season - then start modding. Tires and Brakes, then suspension.