View Single Post
Old 06-09-2015, 06:47 PM   #19 (permalink)
NefariousZ34
Base Member

Drives: 15 MB Nismo Z MT
NefariousZ34 is on a distinguished road

I'm going to be the only one to agree somewhat with what he said.

My 13 Nismo stable as a rock at 130+ (also much stiffer steering at low and high speeds)
I hated the clutch on my 13.

My 15 not stable at 110-120+ much looser same with slower speeds I've already made this comment I put 1k ish on my 13 before I got my 15 which is over 2k only about 900 miles of pushing it but still.

Do I trust his review, **** no... I like how nobody mentions how he bitched about rev match... there's a button for that Mine stays off just because I don't like rev match my feet work fairly well.

More down force on the 15 vs the 13 I would have to say I highly doubt that. They took away the big "whale" wing which I guess the ricer in me really loved. Shortened the front bumper by quiet a lot and it seems to sit just slightly higher. I almost never scrap and if you knew where I lived you would understand. 13 = 15 scrapes a day 15 = 1 every couple of days.

Also I was told by one of the service advisers who actually knows the cars "surprisingly" that they were suppose to shorten the wheel base on the front. Is that true I don't know I took it with a grain of salt. However he's not an idiot everything he told me not to do I did and he was right and everything he told me to do I didn't and he was right lol I don't listen very well.

I'm no expert in engineering I'm sure someone on here is and maybe can explain. How do you shorten the front end add a bunch of aggressive lines and features along the car. Take away the "whale" tail and get more down force?
The way I look at it is the last version was longer and seemed to allow less air underneath vs current version I can actually feel the faster I go the front end slowly picking up steering getting lighter ex. I was going on a highway merge that is an incline it was a little windy but there is a section where the road changes from asphalt to concrete bit of a lip. I might have overlooked the speed entrance mph... So I hit this section of the road the steering goes completely useless for a second. I might have done this a couple times before to know better this time... My 13 add 30 mph to the exact same section and no problems.

His review had no prior experience no comparison that's why I can't agree with it. However both cars I had were checked 3 times for spacers once by me and two dealerships neither had them. So do I hate my car? No do I agree that the 2015 is better Aero / stable wise no. Yes both cars were pushed passed the thresholds we are disusing on several occasions.

I'm hopefully taking mine to the track at the end of the month. My 13 I wouldn't have been nervous at all this one I'm just going to see how she likes the track
NefariousZ34 is offline   Reply With Quote