View Single Post
Old 06-09-2015, 05:52 PM   #37 (permalink)
Awgd8
Base Member

Drives: 2015 Q40 / 2008 EX35
Awgd8 is on a distinguished road

Quote:
Originally Posted by visconti View Post
I have a 15WRX and 14FXT which have the same motor..

I've owned the FXT for 2 years and the WRX for a year.. have a combined 80k miles..

Both vehicles abused for R&D... I love love love both of these cars.

The WRX is manaul and under powered stock..FXT doesn't feel bad because the of the CVT.210 HP.. that sounds like low low mustang numbers.. When people are talking power numbers they normally discuss 'dynojet' like numbers.. The new WRX makes 250-260 STOCK.. with a flash they pickup 30whp.. I'm not sure what these Gs do in the 1/4 but the wrx isn't anything impressive and I know the G will smoke the wrx on the highway.. I'm seeing 20-30MPG on our cars but some people have reported higher.

They are both very different cars.. I mean the WRX has improved in everything, even the interior but it's no G or Q!

Thanks for the input! I test drove the 2015 STI and WRX and I could feel that the WRX pushes me to my seat more at lower RPM, both with 2 passengers around 300IBS combined. I did no rev to the top of RPM band of the STI so I really do not know if it will hit a wall at 5k RPM.

The new WRX looks modern - finally the interior is decent compare to the 2014 model and I like the subtle look from the side too. Regarding the G37x sedan, it is a heavy car so it does not feel very peppy, unless the RPM is pass 3k. 3 years from now, the look of the G37x is way outdated.
Even today, it is a bit outdated compare to the new cars coming out.

The G definitely has a better highway end power and a. 100MPH is nothing for this car.
I cannot think of anything else that perform like the WRX or G37x that is worth 24 grand.

I have a 2008 EX35 AWD infiniti and it will be out of warranty on Sept. next year. I just had my timing cover chain leaks repaired under warranty for $2,800. I really cannot keep a high mileage luxury car with no warranty.

I wonder if it is worth putting a COBB stage one on the 2015 WRX ? Just to have a better top end and smooth everything out. Is this going to be quick enough for DD?

Last edited by Awgd8; 06-09-2015 at 06:06 PM.
Awgd8 is offline   Reply With Quote