View Single Post
Old 06-09-2015, 05:20 PM   #3647 (permalink)
bkngo
Track Member

Drives: 09 370Z K51 M6
bkngo has a reputation beyond reputebkngo has a reputation beyond reputebkngo has a reputation beyond reputebkngo has a reputation beyond reputebkngo has a reputation beyond reputebkngo has a reputation beyond reputebkngo has a reputation beyond reputebkngo has a reputation beyond reputebkngo has a reputation beyond reputebkngo has a reputation beyond reputebkngo has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by Onelownismo View Post
That's not entirely true. Sure if they weigh less than the stockers it will definitely accelerate a little faster and brake better. It's less rotating mass for the engine to turn, therefore less resistance and more power to the ground. As far as handling, that's all dependent on your tires. Wider tires are always going to handle better regardless of what size your wheel diameter is. You have to be careful though because the sidewalls may not be as stiff on a tire for an 18" as it would for a 19" (more sidewall height). One of the major reasons for having a larger diameter wheel is to so you can fit bigger brakes. Which brings me to my next point, be careful with 18s because they may not clear the sport brakes. I have 18" RPF1 track wheels and they BARELY clear. It all depends on the design of the wheel though.

Not true at all. All depends on if the smaller wheels will clear your brakes.
I've read on the wheel fitment threads that the 18" Te37SL will fit. yeah, those tires are wider than my current setup... 265 fronts and 305 rears vs stock at 245 and 275... I am sure AD08 tires are better than my DWS