View Single Post
Old 06-09-2015, 02:19 PM   #21 (permalink)
zero
A True Z Fanatic

Drives: MK 7.5 Golf R
zero has a reputation beyond reputezero has a reputation beyond reputezero has a reputation beyond reputezero has a reputation beyond reputezero has a reputation beyond reputezero has a reputation beyond reputezero has a reputation beyond reputezero has a reputation beyond reputezero has a reputation beyond reputezero has a reputation beyond reputezero has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by janglez View Post
didn't know that... thanks

lexus also sent me an app for my smartphone that i can lock, unlock, start my car with... it also will find my car if i forget where i park it... it will also let me limit the speed/distance if someone else is driving my car (like my son, valet parking, etc.)... i'm extremely impressed thus far

it's going to take some time to learn all of the features with this car... it even has a mouse pad on the center console to operate the navi system... the owners manual is about an inch thick but the manual for the navi system/tech package is about 3 inches thick... lots of reading in my future
Yes, that's a cool app. My wife hardly uses it. She uses the remote starter from the key fob to warm up the engine.

Here is another useful setting that you can do it yourself or have the Dealer set it when you have your free 1st year service done at the dealer. I changed my wife RC from default 3 blinks when you signal the lane change to 5 blinks. I got these instructions from Club Lexus forum.

1. Start with the car completely off.

2. Use the rotary knob on the wiper control to set how many blinks you want. This knob has four positions:

- 1st (bottom) position = 3 blinks
- 2nd position = 5 blinks
- 3rd position = 7 blinks
- 4th (top) position = no automatic blinks

3. Hold the wiper lever in the all-the-way-up position, and keep holding it there

4. With foot OFF brake pedal, press the start button twice so the gauges light up (keep holding that wiper lever up!)

5. Continue to hold the wiper lever all the way up for a count of 8 or more (if you go too fast you will have to start all over!)

6. Let the wiper lever come down one position and hold it there for a count of 8 (don't let it go back to the middle, just let it come down one position)

7. Hold with wiper lever all the way up again for another count of 8

8. Let with wiper lever come down one position again, and hold it for a count of 8

9. Let go of the wiper lever. The right turn signal should flash once. If it doesn't, turn the car off and start again at step 1.

10. Briefly move the turn signal lever down 1 position and let go of it again.

The left turn signal should flash to confirm your setting, but not in the way you might expect. It will blink 1, 2, 3, or 4 times to match where you set the rotary knob on the wiper control, so:

- 1 flash = set for 3 blinks

- 2 flashes = set for 5 blinks

- 3 flashes = set for 7 blinks

- 4 flashes = no auto blinks"