View Single Post
Old 06-09-2015, 08:27 AM   #5 (permalink)
ResIpsa
Track Member

Drives: 09 RACING HEN
ResIpsa has a reputation beyond reputeResIpsa has a reputation beyond reputeResIpsa has a reputation beyond reputeResIpsa has a reputation beyond reputeResIpsa has a reputation beyond reputeResIpsa has a reputation beyond reputeResIpsa has a reputation beyond reputeResIpsa has a reputation beyond reputeResIpsa has a reputation beyond reputeResIpsa has a reputation beyond reputeResIpsa has a reputation beyond repute

My lap times were a little slower as I had to adjust to the lack of power steering. Fastest lap was 1.27.79 while i have done a high 1:26 previously. However, my lap timer showed the fastest theoretical time I had ever run at 1:24.83 (for whatever that's worth).

I noticed my line was changing as I tended to turn in a little sooner. Also I like to trail brake deep into corners and flick the car into the apex.

Without power steering I wasn't flicking anything. In the later sessions, just as I started to get used to the car I started getting a major brake judder (I believe some wheel weights fell off) and had to back off. The shuttering of my steering wheel on the drive home probably confirms this.

Lesson learned... Always foil tape over your wheel weights.