View Single Post
Old 06-09-2015, 06:29 AM   #3641 (permalink)
Onelownismo
Track Member

Drives: 09 PG base/sport
Onelownismo is on a distinguished road

Quote:
Originally Posted by bkngo View Post
I think I might switch to 18s... I've read that 18s accelerates, brakes, and handles better than 19s. Also, better MPG (not that I really care). I've been eyeballing a set of used Volk Te37SL Black Edition + AD08 Tires
(2) 18x9.5 +22 (2) 18x10.5 +22 (4) Yokohama Advan Neova AD08 265/40/18...
That's not entirely true. Sure if they weigh less than the stockers it will definitely accelerate a little faster and brake better. It's less rotating mass for the engine to turn, therefore less resistance and more power to the ground. As far as handling, that's all dependent on your tires. Wider tires are always going to handle better regardless of what size your wheel diameter is. You have to be careful though because the sidewalls may not be as stiff on a tire for an 18" as it would for a 19" (more sidewall height). One of the major reasons for having a larger diameter wheel is to so you can fit bigger brakes. Which brings me to my next point, be careful with 18s because they may not clear the sport brakes. I have 18" RPF1 track wheels and they BARELY clear. It all depends on the design of the wheel though.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kazzan11236 View Post
Were u stock 19s when u got it?

correct me if im wrong...

But i heard if a car comes stock with a certain size u can never go smaller

But i might be wrong
Not true at all. All depends on if the smaller wheels will clear your brakes.