View Single Post
Old 06-08-2015, 09:16 AM   #125 (permalink)
Jordo!
A True Z Fanatic

Drives: 2023 NATM
Jordo! has a reputation beyond reputeJordo! has a reputation beyond reputeJordo! has a reputation beyond reputeJordo! has a reputation beyond reputeJordo! has a reputation beyond reputeJordo! has a reputation beyond reputeJordo! has a reputation beyond reputeJordo! has a reputation beyond reputeJordo! has a reputation beyond reputeJordo! has a reputation beyond reputeJordo! has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by DIGItonium View Post
I just got done changing out the spark plugs (fouled after 45k miles), cleaned the intake plenum, throttle bodies, etc. I don't have anymore issues starting the car (so far), and it seems to run pretty nicely. I just need to figure out if and where the vacuum leaks are since the idle is bouncing a bit.
You might need to go though an idle learn procedure -- otherwise, spray carb cleaner around the IM and see if the idle revs up.

Quote:
Originally Posted by RBfastback View Post
it may be something else for me, still hasn't started. just starts then stalls even when engines cold.
sel is on, and giving it gas when starting it dose nothing.
just got towed to nissan since I'm still in warrantee
I'm guessing either bad cam or crank position sensor, or a VVEL issue.

Although it could be something more prosaic like bad MAF's or O2's. Another possibility is plugged cats, if you have them.

EDIT: Wait it was fine until you had it on a lift and just checked the brake lines??? You might have a damaged wire or connector to a primary O2 sensor. Otherwise, no idea. Why did you have them replace the MAF's before?

Good luck!

Last edited by Jordo!; 06-08-2015 at 09:19 AM.
Jordo! is offline   Reply With Quote