View Single Post
Old 06-08-2015, 07:28 AM   #1 (permalink)
ResIpsa
Track Member

Drives: 09 RACING HEN
ResIpsa has a reputation beyond reputeResIpsa has a reputation beyond reputeResIpsa has a reputation beyond reputeResIpsa has a reputation beyond reputeResIpsa has a reputation beyond reputeResIpsa has a reputation beyond reputeResIpsa has a reputation beyond reputeResIpsa has a reputation beyond reputeResIpsa has a reputation beyond reputeResIpsa has a reputation beyond reputeResIpsa has a reputation beyond repute
Default 20 Degree Reduction In Oil Temps = $10 Bottle Of Water Wetter

For anyone who has been following my threads knows my continuing quest to reduce oil temps on track. My first step was to get the Stillen race oil cooler. But as my lap times improved I started seeing my oil temps climb to 260 degrees. To combat this I vented my hood, installed baffles to direct more airflow to my oil cooler, and cut large sections of the nose to get more air to the radiator. The result was my oil temps hovering around 240 degrees. However, this weekend I chopped off another 20 degrees.

There is one caveat…I was driving with my power steering pump drained of fluid. I do not know what affect this might have had on my oil temps.IF ANYONE OUT THERE KNOWS THAT THIS WAS THE REAL SOURCE OF MY OIL TEMP REDUCTION PLEASE LET ME KNOW AND I WILL EDIT THIS POST!

The change I made was simple and cheap. I drained my radiator fluid and replaced it with distilled water and a bottle of Water Wetter. On track this weekend, with temps at 80 degrees, my oil temps never exceeded 220 degrees!

Just make sure to add anti-freeze before winter and temps drop below freezing.

Last edited by ResIpsa; 06-08-2015 at 07:32 AM.
ResIpsa is offline   Reply With Quote