View Single Post
Old 06-07-2015, 08:21 AM   #4067 (permalink)
ImportConvert
A True Z Fanatic

Drives: 2019 CX5 GT Reserve
ImportConvert has a reputation beyond reputeImportConvert has a reputation beyond reputeImportConvert has a reputation beyond reputeImportConvert has a reputation beyond reputeImportConvert has a reputation beyond reputeImportConvert has a reputation beyond reputeImportConvert has a reputation beyond reputeImportConvert has a reputation beyond reputeImportConvert has a reputation beyond reputeImportConvert has a reputation beyond reputeImportConvert has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by Meulen View Post
I've been looking at something capable of deep concealed. I have an S&W 9mm shield with modified trigger I carry. But I'm an active person, my clothes are mostly fitted style and I'm constantly on the go. So it gets uncomfortable to carry in an IWV holster all the time, and to be honest it mostly lives in my glove box!!! I just want something to put in my pocket. I've been back and forth on this for weeks?

anyone have any opinions on the S&W bodyguard?

I'm not opposed to spending more cash on a nicer 380. But, being I have the Shield already and am used to the manual safety, I'm thinking it might be beneficial not change my draw process? Or am I over thinking this thing?

the others on the top of my list were
1. Kahr p380
2. Sig p250

maybe some others I should consider?
At some point, you have to ask yourself..."Am I carrying a gun just to carry a gun, or is this something I can effectively fight with, and won't end up drawing only to wish and lament that I didn't bring a proper fighting tool with me today?"

Many people get locked into this "Talisman" mentality, where carrying a firearm is a binary thing: Have/Do not have.

Sure, you can argue "But I'll most likely just need it at 5-7 feet or so and for a couple of shots, and the psychological effect is more important than..." Yeah, but I you can also argue "You're not likely to need a firearm at all..." and the argument holds a lot more water, as it's very true. You're not. But if you do...make sure you're carrying one that you won't feel like you short-changed yourself on when you draw it.

It's a personal question, so only you can answer it, which is why I'm not providing any critique except my above thoughts on the subject. Ponder them, and you will have the best answer you can get. For you.
ImportConvert is offline   Reply With Quote