View Single Post
Old 06-06-2015, 08:13 PM   #55 (permalink)
DIGItonium
A True Z Fanatic

Drives: 09 Z34-TT 6MT
DIGItonium has a reputation beyond reputeDIGItonium has a reputation beyond reputeDIGItonium has a reputation beyond reputeDIGItonium has a reputation beyond reputeDIGItonium has a reputation beyond reputeDIGItonium has a reputation beyond reputeDIGItonium has a reputation beyond reputeDIGItonium has a reputation beyond reputeDIGItonium has a reputation beyond reputeDIGItonium has a reputation beyond reputeDIGItonium has a reputation beyond repute
Talking Update: She's alive! (6/6/2015)

After changing the remaining plugs and reinstalling the passenger valve cover, I started reassembling everything. It wasn't too bad, and my memory wasn't as fuzzy. Started it right up the first time without any issues, and then I performed various procedures from the service manual: throttle closed, accelerator pedal, and idle volume learning. So far it's good. Idle is a bit bouncy, and I'm hoping that's just the ECU trying to calibrate the fuel trims. Other than that, I'll try to check for vacuum leaks.

There's no more raw fuel smell, and there's no visible vapors coming out of the exhaust. It's definitely eager to rev past 4k RPM while idling, where as it was lagging before.

I won't be driving it hard until after I get the oil catch cans and oil cooler fan installed. Plus, I need to get an oil change again since I smell raw fuel in the mixture. Lastly, I need to tell them to avoid overfilling the oil. The dipstick shows oil level around 75-80% mark. I wonder if that's part of the reason for excessive blowby and oil build up in the PCV.