View Single Post
Old 06-06-2015, 08:24 AM   #595 (permalink)
KoolKarmaJoe
Enthusiast Member

Drives: 09' Nissan 370Z R M6
KoolKarmaJoe has much to be proud ofKoolKarmaJoe has much to be proud ofKoolKarmaJoe has much to be proud ofKoolKarmaJoe has much to be proud ofKoolKarmaJoe has much to be proud ofKoolKarmaJoe has much to be proud ofKoolKarmaJoe has much to be proud ofKoolKarmaJoe has much to be proud ofKoolKarmaJoe has much to be proud of

Quote:
Originally Posted by BamBamZ View Post
I might be SOL, I have "maxcare" from carmax (extended warranty) and I've heard they're a pain in the *** to deal with, Especially towards the mechanic shops (takes a few days to even get anything approved to get done)... So a few shops are willing to deal with them. I'm going to have to ask them which shops do they prefer and choose from there. I'm aiming for my friends shop or the nissan dealership. It's a 60 month 100K mile warranty.
You are not alone! Dealerships in my area will NOT install aftermarket HD CSC's. OEM CSC's are a 3-5 day wait at Nissan Dealerships here in Maryland area. There is a wait for HD CSC too, because so many Z owners are switching to these. I just could not in good conscious throw money down the "OEM CSC Hole" anymore. I'll bite the bullet, do without my pride & joy "Z", and hold out to wait for the HD CSC to be shipped to me from Z Speed. It's a decision of either "Pay now for OEM and often for that choice, or wait for HD CSC pay more for a quality product and have piece of mind". It's unbelievably frustrating that so many 350Z & 370Z owners have had this same problem and Nissan fails to address it.

KoolKarmaJoe is offline   Reply With Quote