View Single Post
Old 06-06-2015, 03:03 AM   #53 (permalink)
90 ST
A True Z Fanatic

Drives: 90 and 15 GMC Sierra
90 ST has a reputation beyond repute90 ST has a reputation beyond repute90 ST has a reputation beyond repute90 ST has a reputation beyond repute90 ST has a reputation beyond repute90 ST has a reputation beyond repute90 ST has a reputation beyond repute90 ST has a reputation beyond repute90 ST has a reputation beyond repute90 ST has a reputation beyond repute90 ST has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by Zipper 104 View Post
That's because of where you live, otherwise NOT A CHANCE IN H***.
It's not the exchange that beats you. It's everything else that's tacked on.
(duties, taxes, shipping to Canada and brokerage fees)
I essentially buy NOTHING much of anything up here, not even gas, unless I'm on a trip inside Canada. Even with the lousy Canadian dollar now I have anything and everything shipped to a WA state address. (shipping is really cheap to the lower 48 states) I drive down and pick it up myself and bring it back. I have done this for years. The savings are huge, but it wouldn't work given where you reside. I live less than 40 kms from the U.S./Canada border. I can be down and back home in under 2 hours.
My most recent purchase was a pair of H&R spacers. I damn near gagged when I looked to see what I'd have to pay buying them up here.
A few months ago I got a quote to supply and install Swifts, toe bolts and camber arms. The install price was as expected, but I could beat the parts side of the quote by half.
And car parts aren't even all that outrageous. Parts for Harleys are out of this world if you buy them here. Deeley Canada has that all wrapped up. I could pay all the duties and taxes importing them and still save half of what it would cost me up here, provided I bought them from the right vendor in the U.S.

I was going to the US, but the tires there with exchange would have been more then just getting them here. Never mind the Duty, etc... I priced them out picking them up at Tire rack, vs my buddy's shop, he was cheaper, granted he gives me cost on most of my stuff... LOL
90 ST is offline   Reply With Quote