Thread: N/A Rebuild
View Single Post
Old 06-05-2015, 12:54 PM   #31 (permalink)
90 ST
A True Z Fanatic

Drives: 90 and 15 GMC Sierra
90 ST has a reputation beyond repute90 ST has a reputation beyond repute90 ST has a reputation beyond repute90 ST has a reputation beyond repute90 ST has a reputation beyond repute90 ST has a reputation beyond repute90 ST has a reputation beyond repute90 ST has a reputation beyond repute90 ST has a reputation beyond repute90 ST has a reputation beyond repute90 ST has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by sandersd View Post
Well that's a matter of perspective and a bit dismissive isn't it? I'm sure one could find Z06 owners who scoff at "lowly Nissans" just as you scoff at the "common Z06". Personally I think the C6 Z06 is a beautiful car and about as far from boring as one can get without a solid six-figure income.

The op said "the Z can't perform...to the standards I'm accustomed". The point I'm making is the 370Z will never be competitive with the Z06 or 911 GT3 or Mustang Boss 302 or Z28. If one wants that level of performance why drain one's pocketbook trying to morph a Z into something it wasn't designed to do. Unless you just want to.

I think everyone understands the flip side of that coin is some love a challenge, creating something unique and unexpected. If that describes you then "more power to you" and mod away. It can always be done. One could retrofit a GTR engine in a Z if one has the determination, persistence, and resources. It's your money and your time.

Best of luck to the op...
I didn't say it was an ugly car, but I see them everyday, the Z not so much...i'd rather build then buy is what i'm getting at. or buy and mod...He already has the Z, why not see how far it can go with some bolt-ons.

My next DD will be a boring Chevy Truck, but will be seeing a host of mods, including a SC, Drop Kit, Wheels/Tire, Intake, Exhaust, Headers, Audio...Thus not so boring.

Last edited by 90 ST; 06-05-2015 at 12:57 PM.
90 ST is offline   Reply With Quote