Thread: CJM Oil Pan
View Single Post
Old 06-05-2015, 12:22 PM   #147 (permalink)
phunk
A True Z Fanatic

Drives: 370
phunk has a reputation beyond reputephunk has a reputation beyond reputephunk has a reputation beyond reputephunk has a reputation beyond reputephunk has a reputation beyond reputephunk has a reputation beyond reputephunk has a reputation beyond reputephunk has a reputation beyond reputephunk has a reputation beyond reputephunk has a reputation beyond reputephunk has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by jwick View Post
I want to add a port for my GReddy Multi Gauge Temperature Sender (1/8"PT - link below - could live with NPT by just adding a couple extra Teflon wraps on the probe if it's more helpful for everyone else). If it's not on the driver side of the pan I'll have to extend it. Not impossible but not something I'm fond of considering the gauge is discontinued and I cannot get a replacement if something happens to it.

GReddy

I could live with the oil ports on the front since as you mentioned you could just install a different AN fitting (one for -6AN) and it wouldn't be that difficult for me to shorten that hose. The only question I would have is would having oil pumped from my Exa pump cause turbulence inside the baffles causing issues in the oil pickup?
The existing thick regions for ports are on the left and right sides. So one side could be the normal -10 port with a 10/6 reducer for your oil pump. The other side I would have to look at either tapping it 1/8 for you, or I could do the same -10 there and take a -10 plug and tap it 1/8, possibly offset towards an edge so it sits lower when torqued.

As for your question about turbulence, there is only one way to find out really... but if it were my car I wouldnt worry about it.