View Single Post
Old 06-05-2015, 10:01 AM   #4064 (permalink)
Ghostvette
A True Z Fanatic

Drives: 15 Magma Red 6MT
Ghostvette has a reputation beyond reputeGhostvette has a reputation beyond reputeGhostvette has a reputation beyond reputeGhostvette has a reputation beyond reputeGhostvette has a reputation beyond reputeGhostvette has a reputation beyond reputeGhostvette has a reputation beyond reputeGhostvette has a reputation beyond reputeGhostvette has a reputation beyond reputeGhostvette has a reputation beyond reputeGhostvette has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by Meulen View Post
I've been looking at something capable of deep concealed. I have an S&W 9mm shield with modified trigger I carry. But I'm an active person, my clothes are mostly fitted style and I'm constantly on the go. So it gets uncomfortable to carry in an IWV holster all the time, and to be honest it mostly lives in my glove box!!! I just want something to put in my pocket. I've been back and forth on this for weeks?

anyone have any opinions on the S&W bodyguard?

I'm not opposed to spending more cash on a nicer 380. But, being I have the Shield already and am used to the manual safety, I'm thinking it might be beneficial not change my draw process? Or am I over thinking this thing?

the others on the top of my list were
1. Kahr p380
2. Sig p250

maybe some others I should consider?
AMT Backup in 380 is a good choice for a 'pocket pistol'. There is a holster made that is a wallet style that the pistol goes in and it can be fired from inside the holster. I carried one for years, it's light, unobtrusive and holds 6 rounds. I switched to a Combat Commander in .45 for a period of time, before going to the P229 in .357 SIG. If you know someone that has an AMT that they wouldn't mind letting you wear test for a bit, that is a way to go. I think I saw them on GunBroker for about $250. There are two versions, one is DAO and has a huge trigger guard, the other is SA and has a smaller guard. I carried the SA one, round chambered, safety on (Condition 1).