View Single Post
Old 02-18-2009, 06:41 AM   #39 (permalink)
BanningZ
A True Z Fanatic

Drives: 06' Nismo Frontier
BanningZ has a brilliant futureBanningZ has a brilliant futureBanningZ has a brilliant futureBanningZ has a brilliant futureBanningZ has a brilliant futureBanningZ has a brilliant futureBanningZ has a brilliant futureBanningZ has a brilliant futureBanningZ has a brilliant futureBanningZ has a brilliant futureBanningZ has a brilliant future

You are extremely lucky to be afforded such an opportunity at such a young age.
Remember that any RWD vehicle is going to handle differently than one that is FWD or AWD.

Take it slow and easy. This car has a lot of power and little weight for a stock vehicle, but this
may be a wonderful experience for you to have a high powered RWD vehicle to start out on.

This 370Z shows itself off, so you don't need to show off for it.

I many times in the past have been frustrated with a slow driver in front of me, and in my
frustration when I had an opportunity to pass, I put the pedal to the floor. In a fwd car this is
easy enough(though not smart), but in a RWD vehicle with usable power, you can easily lose control.
Fishtailing can be scary if done unintentionally, and can lead to a major collision.

I agree with earlier posters that suggested taking a track safety course. Driving schools are lots of
fun and will provide you with knowledge and experience that will last you all the years you are on the road.

"With great power, comes great responsibility"-Old guy that was killed in a movie

I always think of people driving the same model as me, as another spokesperson for that model, and when
I see another driver do something irresponsible and dangerous, I always see it as reflecting poorly on me.

So be safe, keep your car safe, and don't let anyone have a reason to think that just because a person is
young that they have to be a bad driver.

Most of all Congratulations on owning an iconic piece of automotive history.

Cheers!

MB 06' Nismo VQ40DE
BanningZ is offline   Reply With Quote