Thread: CJM Oil Pan
View Single Post
Old 06-04-2015, 11:16 PM   #144 (permalink)
jwick
A True Z Fanatic

Drives: '10 G37 6MT
jwick has a reputation beyond reputejwick has a reputation beyond reputejwick has a reputation beyond reputejwick has a reputation beyond reputejwick has a reputation beyond reputejwick has a reputation beyond reputejwick has a reputation beyond reputejwick has a reputation beyond reputejwick has a reputation beyond reputejwick has a reputation beyond reputejwick has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by phunk View Post
Exactly what sensor are you wanting to add to the pan anyway? Currently in the pans design there is only places to add 2 ports. So it could have 2 oil drains, or 1 oil drain and one sensor. A couple guys asked for oil drains and sensors and i took note of that, but in the current design it's not actually an available option. I have to try and determine what sensors people are wanting to add and then I can see about making a possible 3rd port location.
I want to add a port for my GReddy Multi Gauge Temperature Sender (1/8"PT - link below - could live with NPT by just adding a couple extra Teflon wraps on the probe if it's more helpful for everyone else). If it's not on the driver side of the pan I'll have to extend it. Not impossible but not something I'm fond of considering the gauge is discontinued and I cannot get a replacement if something happens to it.

GReddy

I could live with the oil ports on the front since as you mentioned you could just install a different AN fitting (one for -6AN) and it wouldn't be that difficult for me to shorten that hose. The only question I would have is would having oil pumped from my Exa pump cause turbulence inside the baffles causing issues in the oil pickup?

jwick is offline   Reply With Quote