Thread: N/A Rebuild
View Single Post
Old 06-04-2015, 08:11 PM   #23 (permalink)
Elmo370z
A True Z Fanatic

Drives: 09 nissan 370z Sp M6
Elmo370z has a reputation beyond reputeElmo370z has a reputation beyond reputeElmo370z has a reputation beyond reputeElmo370z has a reputation beyond reputeElmo370z has a reputation beyond reputeElmo370z has a reputation beyond reputeElmo370z has a reputation beyond reputeElmo370z has a reputation beyond reputeElmo370z has a reputation beyond reputeElmo370z has a reputation beyond reputeElmo370z has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by sandersd View Post
Well that's a matter of perspective and a bit dismissive isn't it? I'm sure one could find Z06 owners who scoff at "lowly Nissans" just as you scoff at the "common Z06". Personally I think the C6 Z06 is a beautiful car and about as far from boring as one can get without a solid six-figure income.

The op said "the Z can't perform...to the standards I'm accustomed". The point I'm making is the 370Z will never be competitive with the Z06 or 911 GT3 or Mustang Boss 302 or Z28. If one wants that level of performance why drain one's pocketbook trying to morph a Z into something it wasn't designed to do. Unless you just want to.

I think everyone understands the flip side of that coin is some love a challenge, creating something unique and unexpected. If that describes you then "more power to you" and mod away. It can always be done. One could retrofit a GTR engine in a Z if one has the determination, persistence, and resources. It's your money and your time.

Best of luck to the op...
Another note the z06 and gt3 and 911 also come from the factory with an significant top notch parts, meanwhile the Z was intended to be an affordable sports car, hence takibg short cuts to reduce cost.replace those parts and the Z can hold its own, and all depends on the driver.
Elmo370z is offline   Reply With Quote