View Single Post
Old 06-04-2015, 01:35 PM   #8 (permalink)
redline10000
Enthusiast Member

Drives: 2011 370z sport
redline10000 is on a distinguished road

Quote:
Originally Posted by cruzthepug View Post
Did my first 3 runs yesterday with the same setup I've been using. Changed the front shocks to full stiff on the 4th run (same tire pressure, 40F/34R). Felt more responsive but just a bit loose in the rear. After lunch I started lowering pressure in the rear 1 psi, better. Lower again 1 psi the next run and had my fastest run. The last 2 runs I did the same, lowering the rear 1 psi each. Don't think that really made any improvements, car started pushing just a bit, but some of that may have been I was driving harder, not sure.

On sealed asphalt, full stiff front with 40psi, and 10% stiff rear, 32psi looks to be a better starting point than my previous settings.
I ran into this same thing last weekend. I used to have my rears at 35psi with stock shocks and now with the Konis I have to drop the PSI down to 32psi to get a good amount of grip. My question is how do I know if 32psi is too low without the use of a pyrometer? I have been using the chalk method but i don't know how accurate that is.