View Single Post
Old 12-13-2009, 05:28 PM   #23 (permalink)
Equinox
Track Member

Drives: 06 Porsche Carrera S
Equinox has a brilliant futureEquinox has a brilliant futureEquinox has a brilliant futureEquinox has a brilliant futureEquinox has a brilliant futureEquinox has a brilliant futureEquinox has a brilliant futureEquinox has a brilliant futureEquinox has a brilliant futureEquinox has a brilliant futureEquinox has a brilliant future

Quote:
Originally Posted by Gaiiden View Post
it should be mentioned, in case you switch motherboards, that socket 1136 is the only socket that will support the new Core i9 6-core chips coming out next year. Anything else will dead-end your system at Core i5/i7. Unless you want a new mobo next time you upgrade. Given that it's been six years since your last upgrade, I doubt this is even an issue for you anyways, but in case you're planning your next upgrade to be sooner... FYI
good info, thanks, I def will keep that in mind.

Oh and it has been so long because I've been in the Army about that long, different countries and so on, no time to lug around a case.
'13 Subaru WRX STi | '06 Porsche 911 Carrera S (SOLD) | '96 Mazda RX-7 6.0L V8 RHD (SOLD) | '09 Nissan Nismo #0058 (SOLD)
Equinox is offline   Reply With Quote