View Single Post
Old 06-02-2015, 10:12 PM   #27 (permalink)
NefariousZ34
Base Member

Drives: 15 MB Nismo Z MT
NefariousZ34 is on a distinguished road

A tune will always help a car whether it's stock or not just like I test drove an evo today and it felt like driving a an Altima S 4 cyl... However according to one of the guys I know who is a tuner all he would need to do is make some adjustments to the tune and the car would really pick up. If the evo's really drive like that and any Nismo Stock vs Stock gets beat. The Nismo owner might want to get his car checked out lol

After the salesman got out and asked I was like ya no... You were in the car and he said the same thing it was very basic sluggish felt like any 4 cylinder non turboed. I even checked just to make sure there was one there lol

Anyway just an example. The base tune is just all "safe" a tune from my understanding and I have done A LOT of research into this pushes and removes some of the safeties put in place. Allowing better throttle responses, better ignition timing and even better fuel economy. Otherwise why would someone tune something like a frontier. Typically they tune for better MPG and overall performance.

If I'm wrong please someone correct me. I don't know everything just do a lot of reading and research before making a decision on how or what tune I will put on my vehicle etc. Along with that research came the other information about regular family vehicles being tuned that I never would have thought of.

So short answer should be yes a tune of a stock Z should increase cars performance without mods maybe not drastically but you get the idea
NefariousZ34 is offline   Reply With Quote