Thread: N/A Rebuild
View Single Post
Old 06-02-2015, 04:32 PM   #7 (permalink)
SharkBite
Base Member

Drives: '09 370z Coupe
SharkBite is on a distinguished road

Quote:
Originally Posted by TerribleONE View Post
I wouldn't send anything to GTM if I were you. Also, the 4.5 stroker from them is set up for boost.
So I've read. Seems like their reputation waivers a lot, thanks for the confirmation.
Will definitely go 4.2 Brian Crower IF I do. Good to know it's for boost, confirmed why I was confused about compression.

Quote:
Originally Posted by njobe89 View Post
from the reading i have done, you have about the same chance of winning the lottery as to getting something from GTM. if you're looking for 390whp then your best bet is a supercharger. they make low to mid 400s. if you want higher then go turbo.

if money is no concern, i'd go turbo. i think there are plenty of people on here who have 500+ whp and have reliable cars that are done right.
Looks like I'll probably be going the supercharger route based on above information, but that opens up options. I was always under the impression that turbo kits were jenky on the Z, but I'll definitely do my homework incase I want to go that direction. Not really looking for that 500 WHP though, even my Old Man's Z06 knocks my socks off.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Elmo370z View Post
Look up 1slow370z build. He was jusr a few short mods away from having 400whp on a na block, 1 your gonna need a dry sump, jun cams (282), and a awesome intake manifold. Next figure out a way to spin the motor to 9k.
Definitely saw his build. I was a little intimidated by his mechanical knowledge though, and I don't think that's something I could pursue. In fact I was hoping this topic might find me a more refined way of achieving his power.

In all, I appreciate the help. Although I've never been a boost junkie, I really want my Z to be able to perform to the limits of its architecture. I'll plan on rebuilding to a 3.7L and supercharging as of now. BUT if anyone has additional input on N/A builds concerning displacement, your input is much appreciated.