Thread: N/A Rebuild
View Single Post
Old 06-02-2015, 01:43 PM   #6 (permalink)
Elmo370z
A True Z Fanatic

Drives: 09 nissan 370z Sp M6
Elmo370z has a reputation beyond reputeElmo370z has a reputation beyond reputeElmo370z has a reputation beyond reputeElmo370z has a reputation beyond reputeElmo370z has a reputation beyond reputeElmo370z has a reputation beyond reputeElmo370z has a reputation beyond reputeElmo370z has a reputation beyond reputeElmo370z has a reputation beyond reputeElmo370z has a reputation beyond reputeElmo370z has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by SharkBite View Post
Hey Z forums,
I have what I would consider to be one of the higher mileage 370z's on the road. It's my daily driver, and I'm about 3000 miles away from the 100k mark. I'm regretting never having put forced induction on, but I'm finding myself in a position where I feel it's astronomically safer to rebuild first.

Recently I picked up a heavily tuned 2006 C2S. Wasn't my first porsche, and it was in lou of building my Z. I originally intended on reselling. Well, a host of minor cosmetic and minor engine problems later and I'm permanently signing myself off. I'm posting the car to sell in about a week, and plan on tuning the Z. *Not to plug, but its a black C2S with 30k in it and a new engine replaced at 60k if anyone wants pics. Whether for interest or pleasure*

TLDR:
I have a 370z and I'm going to rebuild. I love N/A engines, but the Z can't perform on a stock block to the standards I'm accustomed. I'm trying to figure out whether the power I gain from a big bore/stroker kit would be applicable in an N/A setup, or if I'm better off rebuilding my stock block and going for forced induction.

Current Mods:
Takeda Long Tube Intake
FI non-resonated Y pipe
HKS knockoff ebay exhaust

This isn't a problem of cost or production of the most power. I understand that I can get the most out of a stroker kit and a TT, money is absolutely no object. Reliability is key to me. I can self install the supercharger as well.

My question is, if I fully opened my exhaust and sent my engine into GTM for a rebuild at 4.2 or 4.5L, could I get numbers close to a supercharger pushing 6 PSI on a stock block? I'm only trying to get up to about 390WHP. Essentially I'm confused at the compression of these pistons. If stock is 11:1 and a 4.5L would be running a 9:1 compression, is it even feasible to expect more power out of the larger engine? Thoughts, comments please. I can't find any information on a 4.5L N/A Z and don't mind being the guinea pig for dynos if it's actually viable.
Look up 1slow370z build. He was jusr a few short mods away from having 400whp on a na block, 1 your gonna need a dry sump, jun cams (282), and a awesome intake manifold. Next figure out a way to spin the motor to 9k.
Elmo370z is offline   Reply With Quote