View Single Post
Old 06-02-2015, 01:42 PM   #1 (permalink)
TopgunZ
A True Z Fanatic

Drives: 06 350Z , 09 370Z MT
TopgunZ has a reputation beyond reputeTopgunZ has a reputation beyond reputeTopgunZ has a reputation beyond reputeTopgunZ has a reputation beyond reputeTopgunZ has a reputation beyond reputeTopgunZ has a reputation beyond reputeTopgunZ has a reputation beyond reputeTopgunZ has a reputation beyond reputeTopgunZ has a reputation beyond reputeTopgunZ has a reputation beyond reputeTopgunZ has a reputation beyond repute
Default Stillen Air to Air setup

So since Stillen is the only SC available for the 370z family, I have been looking at how to get this kit up to snub to take on more horsepower at safer operation and reliability to the engine.

It seems kind of simple to me how to accomplish this but I am sure I am missing something here so I will leave it to you guys to fill me in on the areas I am not taking into consideration.

With 3" intake pipes our MAF's will hold the voltage up to around 14psi, which is what you can get with 9psi pulley and the SI impeller.

Below is the drawing for how to do this.

1. Turn compressor to face straight down.
2. Put a 90*, or 2 45*, couplers to get it going sideways.
3. Put a 180* pipe on to feed into the air to air
4. Connect the output of the a2a to a y-pipe. This could be a silicone coupler or actually use the intake filter Y-pipe and plug the maf holes.
5. Place 3" intake piping with the mafs in them in-between the y-pipe and intake manifold.
6. Use a single intake filter off the intake of the compressor using a small piece of pipe or coupler.

Or I was thinking of getting a dual exit A2A and running 2 3" pipes all the way from the ic to the throttle bodies.

I am not sure if the aftercooler can be taken out of the mani, but that would be nice to eliminate pressure drop. If it cant then it can just stay there. Possibly use this in conjunction with a smaller a2a to limit pressure drop.

Suggestions?
Attached Files
File Type: pdf Scan0002.pdf (95.8 KB, 287 views)

Last edited by TopgunZ; 06-02-2015 at 01:46 PM.
TopgunZ is offline   Reply With Quote