View Single Post
Old 06-02-2015, 12:07 PM   #582 (permalink)
Misnomer
Base Member

Drives: 2020 BMW M240i
Misnomer is on a distinguished road

Maybe I am getting screwed (paying the standard "I don't know much about cars" premium), but I made the best decision I could. :shrugs: I'm living with it, plus it's too late for any changes now. Assuming the kit gets delivered tomorrow I'll have my car back NLT Thursday, and at this point that's all I care about.

Quote:
Originally Posted by JARblue View Post
So your entire clutch assembly quote has gone from $1600 to $3000? That doesn't sound right
Because it's not: if you go back and read again, the out-the-door quote went from $2500 to $3000. The kit quote went from $1600 to $1800, because apparently the first one wasn't comprehensive (whatever). More parts = more labor, so an additional $500 all told. Depressing, but it didn't feel outrageous.

The guy also said this kit is my only option if I want the car done any time soon: he said everywhere else they called, the parts were out of stock until mid-June.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Agent K View Post
Well, the GTR fluid trick didn't work. My clutch pedal went to the floor again and stuck. I had to flick it back up with my toe. I contacted the service manager...nothing back from him yet.
Oh dude, I'm sorry.
Misnomer is offline   Reply With Quote