View Single Post
Old 06-01-2015, 03:37 PM   #21 (permalink)
Zipper 104
Enthusiast Member

Drives: '13 PW/Frost/Spt/AT
Zipper 104 will become famous soon enough
Default Conflicting information

Quote:
Originally Posted by 4TthAnnyZ View Post
So many conflicting stories in this subject. There was no way my toe was getting back in stock bolts and swift springs. I elongated holes, used SPC bolts... Toe in check now, and I have piece of mind
You're certainly right about all the conflicting stories. I had to do a lot of searching to find out what was needed with the Swifts and the more I looked, the less it became definitive. Some people went one route, others another, some said you needed this, other said you don't. I was willing to pay what it took to get it right but I couldn't get a straight answer on what it took. I didn't want to do it half a**** job only to find out I had fallen short. I believe I have done everything it requires to get the rear camber and toe into factory spec. If I went too far I can't say.
In response to your situation.....I can tell you that RIGHT NOW there is a stock Nissan toe bolt in the driver's side spring bucket of my Z and toe is within spec. Everybody seems to get different results so I can't dispute what you're saying. So.....I bought all the parts that my research told me would definitively get my toe and camber into spec when installing Swifts. It appears maybe I lucked out a bit when the aftermarket toe bolt failed and the stock one resolved the issue.
The big numbers of questions I've received in E-mails and PMs regarding this topic tells me I'm not the only person who found (finds) the information ambiguous.
Yes, the thread count is many, and the post number huge, but overall the information isn't conclusive. I am still getting E-mails and Pms asking for my input when it comes to what other Z owners ought to buy. I don't claim to be an expert by any means, but I do know what I bought in addition to the Swifts to get where I'm at.

Zipper 104 is offline   Reply With Quote