View Single Post
Old 06-01-2015, 12:13 PM   #1 (permalink)
asorg31
Enthusiast Member

Drives: 2011 Nissan 370Z
asorg31 will become famous soon enough
Default Tesla styled screen setup

Hey All,

I like so many other Z owners on here have complained about the compartment above the stock head unit. So I have decided to design and build an In-Car PC with a larger than average Tesla styled screen. Granted there have been many threads on here for tablet conversions but in my opinion that is simply putting a band-aid one a severed limb.

So what I plan on implementing is a complete redesign the center removable dash piece. I will fill the entire space with a large wide screen monitor laid in portrait style. To do this I will be 3d scaning the interior dash piece to fit the screen exactly. I intend on integrating wifi, hd radio, radio, bluetooth, navigation, OBD-II controls, custom gauges, and dvd. With many other possible options still on the table, such as adding a driver facing camera to record your driving experience or with a wifi hotspot you could skype. I am also throwing around the idea of integrating the climate controls in to be controlled on-screen.

Here is a picture of the stock Z dash and one of the Tesla dash design. This is similar to the design I will be making as a reference.

I would love to hear from the community on this, and keep an eye on this thread. I will keep it updated with pictures and the process on the build.

-Anthony

Last edited by asorg31; 06-29-2015 at 12:00 PM. Reason: add pictures
asorg31 is offline   Reply With Quote