View Single Post
Old 06-01-2015, 11:07 AM   #1 (permalink)
Ĉon
Base Member

Drives: 2009 370Z Touring
Ĉon is on a distinguished road
Default HF Cat vs Test pipes on my new Z

Hi all. I'm brand new here. Just picked myself up a Red 2009 touring with sport package with 77,000 KM for around $20,500, which is pretty low here in Canada. I had just purchased myself a 2009 GTi six months before, and I was loving the little turbo hatch, but I just needed to get a RWD, 2 seater, utterly impractical car while my life still allowed me to do so. It was either before I had kids, or once they were in college, so I chose the former! I may have to sell it in a year once I get my presale condo build, so any minor mods I do will have to have "value" in mind.

I do have a question, though, before this thread gets moved...

I've been reading around here and it seems like the most important mod for performance from stock is to put in a HF cat or test pipes. Since we don't have emission restrictions here anymore, and considering the price difference, I think I'll opt for the test pipes. That way I can keep the cat and pop it back in if I want. Is there any other advantage to the HF cat instead?
Can anyone recommend one brand of test pipes over another, or does it even matter?

Thanks
Ĉon is offline   Reply With Quote