View Single Post
Old 05-31-2015, 04:09 PM   #24 (permalink)
Benihana
Base Member

Drives: 14 MB Nismo #545
Benihana is on a distinguished road
Default Post MAF Tubes and Drop Ins...

Somehow I forgot to post that I did the highly recommended Post MAF and Drop in upgrade prior to my last track day. I went with HPS tubes and the Afe super-pro-turbo-dildo filters. The drop ins literally could NOT have been easier and the MAF tubes were pretty straight forward too.

I did not have to disconnect the strut bar, only the engine covers. I did have a little more trouble with the passenger side tube. I didn't experience the kink issue that so many other people have but it was a bit harder to line up and get right. I wound up having to trim the breather tube slightly. The cut had to be a little shorter and slightly off angle to make it work but I don't think it would be noticeable to the untrained eye.

I don't know if I notice any gains, but I haven't done the cats yet so.... I might have preferred the gargly aluminum sound of a different intake but I didn't want to go through the hassles of the Gen3 and I will need all the space I can get up front for my oil and brake cooling components. This is primarily a track/hooligan car for me.

Last edited by Benihana; 05-31-2015 at 04:11 PM.
Benihana is offline   Reply With Quote