View Single Post
Old 05-31-2015, 03:39 PM   #12 (permalink)
pbs370z
Base Member

Drives: '10 370Z, Sport Pkg
pbs370z has a reputation beyond reputepbs370z has a reputation beyond reputepbs370z has a reputation beyond reputepbs370z has a reputation beyond reputepbs370z has a reputation beyond reputepbs370z has a reputation beyond reputepbs370z has a reputation beyond reputepbs370z has a reputation beyond reputepbs370z has a reputation beyond reputepbs370z has a reputation beyond reputepbs370z has a reputation beyond repute
Default Update: 370Z Clutch & Flywheel Recommendations?

Thanks for everyone's replies here.

I went ahead and ordered the full Zspeed South Bend kit:

Item #: South-DailyVHR-PACK
Manufacturer: South Bend Clutch

(Steel Fly, clutch with "Quiet disc" option, CSC w/insulated line, master cyl., Motul trans. fluid and brake/clutch fluid - $1500).

I want a clutch that is fairly friendly to drive on the street and still get quicker revs so I think this will do it.

I'm pretty sure my pedal problem is the CSC (not the MC) since it only occurs after I've been running hard for a while on a warm day. It gets damn hot down there by the exhaust down pipe where the clutch hyd. line runs next to it.

So, I'm not too happy about the CSC problem, but it is an excuse for me to upgrade to a lighter clutch and flywheel which I am looking forward to.

Due to my schedule and the local shop's (Mac Autosport), I won't be installing this kit 'til (6/12). I'll check back in after the install and let you know what I think.

Good Clutch'n Luck to All

Update:
OK, its 6/12 and the clutch n flywheel kit is in. The new clutch has a great feel - not too grabby but good'n solid. I removed the "helper" spring on the clutch pedal lever for better feel also (I have a new weaker spring on order that I found on ebay for $20). Definitely revs/accelerates quicker with the lighter hardware. I find I'm just a tad too slow on the shifting at times now due to the old habit of waiting for the revs to slow down before I upshifted. Now I can shift quicker at a more natural speed. The only compromise from stock is a very slight trans. chatter from just above idle to about 1500 rpm when starting out from a stop. I'm very glad I got the "Quiet Disc" option. A louder chatter would surely annoy me. Yep, I'm definitely happy with the results!

Update 2: Installed the weaker Helper spring for the clutch pedal. Works great. Better clutch pedal feel at engagement point and no loose play in the pedal as was with the stock spring removed. Cheap and easy to do. I highly recommend it.

Last edited by pbs370z; 06-25-2015 at 04:24 PM. Reason: update
pbs370z is offline   Reply With Quote