View Single Post
Old 05-31-2015, 11:31 AM   #19 (permalink)
PhantaPhanta
Base Member

Drives: '14 370Z Black AT
PhantaPhanta is on a distinguished road

Stealership man the stories. Got my brand new 2014 Sports Auto for 29.8k @ 1.5%. Man first time looking around I was scared. Don't know why. But after buying the Z, I now feel like I could take a relative back and act cocky and douchey to the *** manager.

There are many dealership tips on here but the couple best ones I believe are simple:
1. Don't buy first visit & BE PREPARED TO WALK OUT. (These mother#*&@#^ act like saints when you first walk in and when you don't buy, they cuss you out ect. Be prepared to walk)

2. Be firm. Talk final numbers, not payments.

I went shopping around locally first. I wanted a base for 29,000. I thought this was fair because on their website it says "Starting at $29,000." Wtf. Apparently not. This premier nissan dealership laughed at me saying that price is ridiculous and where the hell did I even get that idea and pushed me to buy one of their 2013 touring for 34k.

They stuck at 29,500 and wouldn't budge. I have a very big ego and after being laughed at i'm not budging. Whatever, they lost their sale to me. My parents found a $29000 base in Kansas (Parents live away from me). Had to order Black. The day the car came, they done goofed and ordered a sports.

Dealership had two choice. Give car at a loss or pay for shipping and bring it back to the factory or what not. I couldn't tell if this was legit or it was the bait and switch. My mom who is a kind heart person felt bad and decided to give him another $800. Ended up paying 29800 for the car.
PhantaPhanta is offline   Reply With Quote