Thread: 25k maintenance
View Single Post
Old 05-31-2015, 09:46 AM   #9 (permalink)
JARblue
A True Z Fanatic

Drives: 11 Z34, 98 E36 M3
JARblue has a reputation beyond reputeJARblue has a reputation beyond reputeJARblue has a reputation beyond reputeJARblue has a reputation beyond reputeJARblue has a reputation beyond reputeJARblue has a reputation beyond reputeJARblue has a reputation beyond reputeJARblue has a reputation beyond reputeJARblue has a reputation beyond reputeJARblue has a reputation beyond reputeJARblue has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by Spooler View Post
Yes, everything I mentioned. Normal maintenance. Do this again at 60K and at 90K everything including spark plugs. Belts should be done around 60k to 90k miles. It depends on what they look like. Any cracking in the ribs, they will need to be replaced.
I don't think that is quite correct. Trans fluid and coolant are actually never given a specific mileage for replacements. IIRC, it just says inspect the trans fluids every 30K miles, and the coolant gets inspected at 100K miles. Of course, I'm not quite sure how you inspect the transmission fluid without draining it

However, I agree with replacing all those fluids because it is just a good idea. I do my diff and transmission every 15-25K miles already even as a DD. Probably could leave out the coolant flush as it's more hassle to DIY or more costly if you pay someone. Any track time significantly decreases the life of pretty much all the fluids you listed. Most DD that drive easy can follow Nissan's recommended maintenance schedule in the owner's manual. But if you drive the car hard, it's best to err on the side of replacing fluids earlier rather than letting them go, especially considering fluids are cheap and easy to DIY.

2011 370Z 6MT Sport Gun Metallic | ARC | CJM | Ecutek | FI | Fujimura | R2C | SPL | Stillen | TWM | Z1 | ZSpeed |
JARblue is offline   Reply With Quote