View Single Post
Old 05-31-2015, 01:37 AM   #23 (permalink)
Benihana
Base Member

Drives: 14 MB Nismo #545
Benihana is on a distinguished road
Default Next Mods

Although I have done the most necessary items to track my car and am actually learning to drive it with some skill, it might soon be time to take it up a notch.

First, I am about to install a brake cooling kit. I have not experienced any heat issues, ice mode, or fade but why take any chances? So the Stillen kit is going in, just waiting on some ducts to arrive to custom mount up front. I'm not looking to cut holes in my bumper just yet so I figure I will hack up some ducts to fit in the grill opening. I'm pretty sure I can make it happen and since everything will be black and tucked down in there, it really won't be noticed unless you crouch down and look for it, and then you'd say, "Cool, brake cooling ducts!" I will take and post pics of the install when it happens, hopefully this or next week.

The Carbotech xp10/8 setup is great and has performed well for the 3 track days I have done, so I went ahead and ordered up another set. I figure I will do a swap and in the process, compare thicknesses and maybe gauge how many days I should expect to get from them. Plus I will have a spare set with me at the track just in case. Up till now I have been carrying my stockers as spares just to get me home from the track in case I cooked them.

I have been trying to put it off but the thought of a louder and more free flowing exhaust is getting to me. I have been searching for the right combo and have to say it is tough!! Youtube videos are all so different and I don't feel give the correct representation of the cars' sounds as some are done with phones or too far away or in parking garages, etc.

Right now my choices are either a quality resonated test pipe, Berk HFC or Motordyne ART pipes. I want performance, volume and growl without hiss. From what I can tell by videos and reviews, the HFCs won't be loud enough with the Nismo CBE.

If anyone has any recommendations for me that would be great. Thanks in Advance.

PS.< I will probably cross post this last part at some point in a different section of the forums.
Benihana is offline   Reply With Quote