Thread: CJM Oil Pan
View Single Post
Old 05-30-2015, 09:57 PM   #84 (permalink)
phunk
A True Z Fanatic

Drives: 370
phunk has a reputation beyond reputephunk has a reputation beyond reputephunk has a reputation beyond reputephunk has a reputation beyond reputephunk has a reputation beyond reputephunk has a reputation beyond reputephunk has a reputation beyond reputephunk has a reputation beyond reputephunk has a reputation beyond reputephunk has a reputation beyond reputephunk has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by DOOMMONKEY777 View Post
Well in my line of work, it is a common practice if you see a problem say something, the worst thing that can happen is your wrong, i personally would change the output direction to cause less problems.

By the way its a little off topic, but i am looking for a reputable company that can mill me titanium. Maybe you can recommend some one?
I think that anyone with a mill can machine it, I have friends that have before, they just used careful consideration of tooling. Its an expensive material to machine anything of size with since its such a wasteful manufacturing process - example, this oil pan looses about 90% of its material weight from start to finish.

At any rate, I am sure pretty much any machine shop will take a shot at it for you.