View Single Post
Old 05-30-2015, 03:19 PM   #20 (permalink)
Benihana
Base Member

Drives: 14 MB Nismo #545
Benihana is on a distinguished road
Default Auto-X No Mo

So upon the recommendation of my first instructor I did a 2 day event next and I have to say it was well worth it.

I ran with the Porsche club at Thompson Motorsports Park. First a quick plug about Thompson.

I understand that the track was reopened in 2013 after a change in ownership and major rehab. They have a huge new garage/paddock area, a 'pro-shop' of sorts and a great staff. Thompson utilizes about half of an old oval track, but, they added a new road course that dwarfs this small section.

I head heard that it was kinda flat and boring, well, maybe a bit lacking in the elevation change area but I would not consider it boring at all. Especially at my level.

It is mostly a 3rd gear track with a change to 4th wide open down the one main straight. I think I was regularly hitting about 115 before getting on the stop pedal before turn 1.

I am please to say that my Nismo performed beautifully and after my second day I was told that my instructor is recommending me to advance 1 level up form total noob to beginner. I'll take that!

What is also pretty cool is that while I probably had the lowest cost and least prepped car of the weekend, I was constantly surrounded by people asking questions about my car. Telling me how much they like it and how surprised they were with the performance on the track.

I did get the pleasure of passing several boxter/caymans and a couple of 911s.

Last edited by Benihana; 05-30-2015 at 09:58 PM.
Benihana is offline   Reply With Quote