View Single Post
Old 05-30-2015, 12:27 PM   #70 (permalink)
jrb55gh
Base Member

Drives: '13 370z black 7AT
jrb55gh is on a distinguished road

Quote:
Originally Posted by phunk View Post
The extra capacity through depth with extended pickup will reduce oil starvation in any direction. We can extend the top plate out to the sides more but we have to make sure that what we are doing is not going to promote oil starvation more than reduce it. I am open to any suggestions for additional baffling but I also lean towards a somewhat conservative baffling approach. The more baffling we add, the more thought has to go into the system to ensure that we arent going to make things worse.

If you wanted to draw something along the lines of what you are suggesting we can look at it an evaluate it. I will make it however you guys want it, I just have to make them all almost the same for manufacturing to be cost effective.

Here is a drawing (crude) of my idea to include a grate like structure on your baffle. The idea is to make it easier for oil to flow down into the pickup area than it is for oil to splash up away from the pickup. The grate ribs would have a triangular cross section to accomplish this one way tendency. The openings in the grate should have corner radii to make the baffle structurally sound.
Attached Images
File Type: png CJ pan baffle with grate 5-30-2015.png (47.0 KB, 12 views)
jrb55gh is offline   Reply With Quote